Ready to start your very own business? We are here to assist you in your venture! It is not easy to start off into the world with your ideas for business and you need a specialist to advise you on your projects. While you are busy with your critical decisions for making your business stand out in the market, we’ll assist you in finding the right accommodations for your office as well as the best equipment to ensure your project is a success! Our experienced teams of professionals are here to guide you on your journey to success!
Investors, entrepreneurs and dreamers are the pillars of a start-up community. Various aspects such as balance sheets and general ledgers can be an after-thought and in some cases stifle creativity as well. Allow Smith & Smith CPAs to help startups like yours achieve success with more focus in comprehensive financial needs, while allowing you to concentrate on the development and launch of services and products.
Our Start Up Business Services Include:
- Provide you with help to achieve your business goals
- Assist you with advices to help wade through various IRS regulations and compliance issues
- Detailed explanation on the ‘whys’ and ‘hows’ of good accounting and reporting
- Work with you to develop a pricing strategy
- Assist getting your books in order for potential investors
- Understand your business and determine its worth
- Help in sales pitch development
Smith & Smith CPAs provides the essential scope to help start-ups – from a wider knowledge of Texas market and business climate, to assistance with entity selection and structuring, traditional tax and audit services outsourced accounting, mergers, valuation, acquisitions and business expansion, we can help your firm become standouts.
Our firm has been involved with a variety of roles when working with start-up companies and this is the reason why Smith & Smith CPAs is different when compared to other firms in the start-up companies and early stage space.
Services for start-up businesses include
Tax Planning and Compliance01.
- Federal Income Tax
- Choice of Entity
- State and Local Income Tax
- Sales and Use Tax Consulting and Compliance
- Tax Strategies for Businesses and Owners
- Stock Sale Planning
Audit and Advisory02.
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations of Financial Statements
- Internal Control Assessments
- Revenue Recognition
- Software Capitalization
- General Ledger Faciliation
- Accounting System Sourcing and Set-up
- Account Payable/Receivable and Bill Pay
- Payroll Preparation and Tax Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis and Preparation
- Sales and Use Tax-Related Consulting
- Revenue Management
- Accounting Management and Financial Analysis
- Disbursement Management
- CFO Services
- Cloud Accounting
We also offer advisory services, including:
- Cloud-based Accounting Solutions
- Outsourced CFO Services
- Capital Raise
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Expansions
- Systems Selection and Implementation
- Information Technology and Software Development
- Human Resources and Payroll Outsourcing
- Staff Sourcing
- Financial Model Development
A cardiologist received a letter from the IRS for delinquent payroll taxes that had already been paid.
The cardiologist was sure that the payroll taxes had been paid however, he needed help to prove this was the case. Our CPAs reviewed the tax payments and reconciled them to the various tax liabilities. Upon completion, it was determined that the aforementioned taxes were indeed paid. The issue was that they were applied incorrectly.
A group of doctors were looking for a CPA firm to help them form their new practice.
A group of doctors had been working for various practices and decided to form their own medical entity. They were sure that they could succeed given their experience and knowledge in their field of medicine. Needing a CPA firm to advise them on various tax decisions, they decided to seek the services of Smith & Smith CPAs, LLC.
An Oil & Gas company needed guidance on how to handle their growth.
They started as a sole proprietorship and were in search of a CPA firm that could advise them on how to handle the growth of their company. After searching for a firm, they decided to meet with Smith & Smith CPAs, LLC. In our initial meeting, we learned of their business and inquired about their goals. We decided that it was best for them to incorporate.
An owner of an auto shop came to Smith & Smith CPAs, LLC with a letter from the IRS.
This letter stated that an audit would be taking place. Having never been through an IRS audit, the owner needed help to prepare. We advised him on the process and shared our past experiences. When the audit came, we were there with him every step of the way.
The Dreaded Letter from the IRS.
A client received a letter from the IRS regarding his prior year tax return. Unfortunately, he was being audited. The IRS believed that expenses for his LLC were overstated and disallowed certain deductions. In addition, the IRS stated that the client owed thousands of dollars in penalties alone. We met with this client and went over all of the relevant documents. We were able to guide him through the process and provide him peace of mind. Upon review of transcripts and various documents, we met with an IRS agent on behalf of our client. This …
Contact us to speak to a specialist today.
Services Blog Posts
November 14, 2018
October 30, 2018
October 23, 2018
September 28, 2018